That wasn't as painful as I anticipated.
It's been a while since a progress journal. Mostly writing, some computer code, some screenplay.
Most of the parts for Fonto's tower have arrived. A few more trickle in.
The build begins. First, I attached the screen and touch reader and made sure a few things I want to do will work.
I cut a hole for the touchscreen only to notice that it wasn't really assembled square. Looking at you, Adafruit.
... maybe I can get back to the animation pre-production work.
It's like that when an idea visits me and insists on being done.
It's almost annoying.
No, wait... it IS annoying.
But now it exists, serves a purpose that needed serving... and it invites me to randomly sit and create music without having to set up all that stuff on a desk that's used for other things.
Flexible but simple routing choices: 300 watt keyboard amp or an old, poor, abused, and very idiosyncratic Fender 15 guitar amp.
It will look better with knobs, jacks, annunciators, and buttons. Gap left at the top of the 'tower' for ventilation.
USB hub, Modulo Regilo (controller module : Full midi/daw transport controls, continuous controller bank, midi to 5v control voltage bank, tap tempo clock, and more) and the "Audino cubed" module await installation.
Well, they're waiting on a bunch of parts in the mail and then installation. Details.
The desk is rock solid now, and I added an extra shelf.
Nice how a little stain cam turn boring plywood into art.
78 degree day in early April, time to get some spray paint done. The parts get 3 coats of primer/color and a good coat of clear. Then they get baked at 195 degrees for an hour resulting in a seriously tough enamel.
The desk saw some reinforcement work, and will get another round of stain before a wipe - on poly coat.
I started in on the modular tower as well but there's not much there to show but some cut wood.